The Malcolm Bryant Corporation is in the midst of construction of a new seven-story Hampton Inn and Suites overlooking the Ohio River. Scheduled for completion by Winter of 2013, the hotel will be the tallest downtown building at 85-90 feet and will include 151 rooms, about a third of which will be suites.
Other highlights of the new hotel, which features an exterior mixing stone, brick, glass and balconies with spectacular river views:
- Guests may dine at Lure Seafood & Grille, a 92-seat upscale destination restaurant.
- Will include a full-service hair salon with massage, facials and luxury manicures and pedicures.
- Will be connected to the new Owensboro convention center by a skyway.
- Includes an indoor swimming pool, spa and fitness center, a 13,000-square-foot commons area and second-floor meeting rooms.
- Veterans Boulevard will run in front of the hotel between it and the Ohio River, with a large grassy area separating the hotel from the river’s edge.
- Will have sections of “living roof,” covered with soil and plants, which conserve energy and keep storm water out of the drainage system.
- The hotel’s lobby, meetings rooms, large suites and corridors will be heated and cooled with a geothermal system.